Thursday, September 17, 2009

FINALLY -- The Bottom Bracket!!

Here are the headsets dismantled so that you can see the welds ... after I cut out chunks in the middle to shorten them.

Finally ... at long last ... I gave up procrastinating
and worked on finishing the adjustable bottom bracket unit.
This is what a mess it looks like after I finish welding it.
spatter, lumps, and everything.

Here it is after I've sanded off the paint
and smoothed it down with the flap disk.

Yes, I smoothed both front and back.
It looks like I even managed to center
the front derailleur tube on the BB.

1 comment:

sleepless said...

you cleaned that weld up real nice bro ! Nice job on the shortening too !!